Our Relationship with McDonald’s
Ronald McDonald House Charities has been McDonald’s "charity of choice" for 39 years.
We are a non-profit 501(c)(3) corporation, but McDonald's is our largest corporate donor. Portions of the annual operating costs for Ronald McDonald Houses are graciously funded by McDonald's and owner/operators of local McDonald's restaurants. The remainder of our annual operating income comes from the generosity of individual and corporate donors.
McDonald’s involvement extends beyond monetary support:
- Franchises partner with local Chapters for promotional and fundraising events.
- McDonald’s employees are dedicated volunteers.
- Owner/operators participate in local and global RMHC boards.
- RMHC Donation Boxes hosted in restaurants are the largest source of ongoing RMHC Global fundraising.
- In-restaurant sales of USA Today are all donated to RMHC.
- McDonald's conducts an annual fundraiser in November called McHappy Day. Since 2002, it has raised more than $170 million for RMHC and children's charities around the world.
Although McDonald’s is our largest corporate donor, no company can solely fund RMHC programs and our projected growth. We need the support of the entire community and greatly value any support you can afford to RMHC, whether it’s through cash donations, your time or fundraising efforts.
McDonald's New National Fundraiser Efforts Bring Families Together to Benefit Children in Need
Beginning in the summer of 2010, participating McDonald's restaurants in the U.S. will donate proceeds from all daily Happy Meal and Mighty Kids Meal sales to RMHC, McDonald's "Charity of Choice," benefitting thousands of children and their families every day. This initiative will continue through 2012.
Meet Awards of Excellence Winners, Jonah and Lynn Kaufman
Every year at the Awards of Excellence Gala, RMHC recognizes a member of the McDonald's family whose exceptional philanthropic work inspires the system. In 2010 RMHC recognized McDonald's Owner/Operators Jonah and Lynn Kaufman for their support and funding of RMHC and other organizations benefiting children in need. Watch the video below to learn more about these compassionate leaders.